Noise affects human health, especially the nervous system. To avoid the adverse effects of noise on our health, you can use glazing with superior sound insulation. Glass units with good sound insulation is particularly useful in places with increased noise levels – next to a busy street, near the airport or railway, next to Concert Square and so on. The main index characterising the glass conduction of sound is (Rw).
The main factors that ensure a high sound insulation of the glass units:
- thicker glass(the larger the glass mass, the better the sound insulation);
- glass panes configuration should be asymmetric (different thickness of the glass planes used);
- special types of glass (laminated glass with sound protective film);
- use of special gas inside the glass unit;
- distance between the glass panes (bigger distance is better).